Today, on the 5th of March, was signed a Memorandum about Partnership and Cooperation between the leading industry associations in the renewable energy sector and members of the Inter-Factional Deputy Association “Clean Energy – Healthy Environment», members of which are representatives of all the political parties of the Parliament.
Being aware of the need for cooperation, the parties to intensify the development and implementation of national policy in the field of renewable energy sources and adaptation of Ukrainian legislation to European legislation taking into account the European Green Deal, agreed on the main tasks of cooperation and ways of cooperation in the process of their implementation in the manner prescribed by law.
In particular, the following ways of cooperation were agreed:
- the exchange of information on international trends in the field of renewable energy sources, goals and measures of the European Union aimed at reducing energy consumption, energy saving and use of renewable energy sources;
- establishing international cooperation in order to learn from experience, get acquainted with best international practices and legislation in the field of renewable energy sources;
- exchange of information on the implementation of technologies with the use of renewable energy sources, including foreign practices, regulation of relations and incentives for business entities in the renewable energy sector of Ukraine, etc.
Oleksandra Gumeniuk, Director of EUEA, noted the importance of signing a Memorandum, which will confirm the direction of joint activities, and assured to provide the maximum information by EUEA from investors to maintain the business climate in the RES sector in Ukraine.
Signatories of the Memorandum:
From leading associations in the RES sector:
- – Oleksandra Gumeniuk, Director of the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency Association;
- – Oleksandr Kozakevych, Chairman of the Ukrainian Association of Renewable Energy;
- – Andriy Konechenkov, Chairman of the Board of the Public Union “Ukrainian Wind Energy Association”;
- – Oleksandr Repkin, President of the Energy Association «Ukrainian Hydrogen Council».
Co-chairs of the IDA “Clean Energy – Healthy Environment” MPs:
- Oleksii Goncharenko (European Solidarity);
- Maxim Efimov (group “Trust”);
- Julia Klimenko (PP “Golos”);
- Oleksii Kucherenko (PP “Batkivshchyna”);
- Dmitry Lubinets (PP «For the Future» );
- Oleksandr Lukashev (OPPOSITION PLATFORM FOR LIFE);
- Arseniy Pushkarenko and Lyudmila Buimister (PE «Sluga Narodu”).
Read the Memorandum: Memorandum 05 2021