Important for national economic development of Ukraine international agreements ratified in 2016-2017, which are on the stages of (preparation) implementation.
- Agreement on Promotion and Protection of Investments between Ukraine and Fund for International Development Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, established by the Member States of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) signed for 10 years and entered into force of implementation since 5 December 2017
- Project “Higher Education of Ukraine” – The financial agreement between Ukraine and the European Investment Bank ratified November 8, 2017. The total project cost is 160 million euros The Agreement aims to attract under the state guarantees of up to 120 million credit from the European Investment Bank (EIB), which will be used to implement energy efficiency improvements of buildings of universities and other investments related to education process. The project involves the following universities: National Technical University ‘Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute “; National Pedagogical University named after Dragomanov (m. Kyiv); National University “Lviv Polytechnic”; Poltava National Technical University; Chernihiv National Technological University; Sumy State University; Vinnitsa National Technical University.
- April 12, 2017 the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine ratified Financing Agreement (Project “Urban public transportation Ukraine”) between Ukraine and the European Investment Bank The total cost of the project according to the calculations of the Bank is 400 million euros (four million euros). Borrower announced its intention to finance the project in the amount of 200 million euros (two hundred million) at the expense of the Bank loan and the remaining amount of 200 000 000 (two hundred million) through loans to be provided by other international financial institutions, investment Grants and other financial resources. The project will involve an investment of about 20 medium and large cities in Ukraine, which aim to procure new rolling stock (trolleybuses, trams, buses and subway cars) to park passenger cars, the owner of which are urban communities, restore the existing transport infrastructure and extend it by through new elements of transport infrastructure. Pre participate in the project have applied the following cities: Lviv, Bila Tserkva, Kharkiv, Sumy, Kremenchug, Odessa, Kyiv, Chernihiv, Lutsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Mykolayiv, Zaporizhzhya.
- Agreement for 10 years between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of Norway on technical and financial cooperation ratified on 22 March 2017. The purpose of the Agreement spirit of cooperation to promote sustainable economic and social development and the promotion of democracy and human rights in Ukraine. Technical assistance includes, inter alia, the transfer of know-how, training, consultancy, supply of equipment and materials, assistance with the introduction of new technologies necessary for the successful implementation of programs / projects. Financial assistance includes in particular grants to finance the supply of goods, equipment and materials, works and services required for the successful implementation of programs / projects. In order to implement programs / projects under this Agreement, all import of goods should be exempt from any taxes, duties, fees and other payments that have similar effect. This also applies to services, resources and other resources related to the implementation of programs / projects under this Agreement.
- The Agreement on free trade between Ukraine and Canada ratified 14.03.2017 promote the development of bilateral trade and economic cooperation between Ukraine and Canada, domestic producers will receive economic benefits from duty-free market access for Canadian open opportunities for Ukrainian businesses for expansion markets, and the development and modernization of its own production in order to increase the competitiveness of domestic products in new markets.
- Agreement between Ukraine and the EU on Ukraine’s participation in the EU program “Competitiveness of small and medium enterprises (COSME)(2014-2020),ratified on 02.22.2017 year. COSME program – a set of thematic sub-programs, the implementation of which is designed to: 1 ) Solve problems in small and medium enterprises related to access to finance, access to new markets and improving internal business processes. 2) Improve the priority sectors of the national economy (IT-sphere, tourism, industry sector).
- Financing Agreement (Project “The main credit for the agricultural sector – Ukraine”) between Ukraine and the European Investment Bank ratified by 20 September 2016. Projects under the agreement will cover the following areas: cereals, oilseeds, aquaculture and fisheries, agricultural machines; facilities for drying, storage, processing and logistics; investments in aquaculture and cold chain infrastructure in the sector of fisheries. Borrower resources in favor of Ukraine, represented by the Ministry of Finance that the participation of the Agriculture Ministry and in cooperation with JSC “Ukreximbank” will provide financial resources to commercial banks. The selected banks, in turn, carry out project selection, funding and monitoring of the practical implementation of these projects.Term of loans – 12 years with 4-year grace period. The project will be implemented in the period from 2016 to 2020. It should be noted that due credit be covered up to 50% of the projects. The source of funding for the remaining 50% will own costs of participating banks or the means of final beneficiaries. Of the rest, the project will facilitate the accumulation of funds in the amount of approximately € 800 million.
- Financing Agreement (the “Program of development of municipal infrastructure Ukraine”) between Ukraine and the European Investment Bank ratified February 3, 2016. The total project cost is estimated by Bank is 800 million euros (eight million euros). The project will be funded at 400 million euros loan from the Bank and to 400 million euros at its own expense final beneficiaries from investment grants and parallel financing with other international financial institutions. The purpose of the loan – the introduction of urban infrastructure projects, which aim to reconstruct and update or minimize deterioration of urban infrastructure Ukraine to improve significantly the energy efficiency refurbishment projects and contribute to energy security of Ukraine, reducing energy losses and water services improvement of solid waste management, district heating, municipal lighting, water (including hot and cold vodopostacha tion and supply of water for drinking and other purposes) and sewer, and general improvements in the safety and quality of services provided (including new construction, renovation, modernization and other works).