1. The following draft laws on delaying the launch of the new energy market were registered in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine:
A) by Parliament members Oleksandr Dombrovsky and Lev Pidlisetskyy registered draft law #10318 dated May 22, 2019 on the postpone of the start of the new electricity market for 3 months; to give authority to NEURC to set price caps during 12 month in different market segments: day-ahead market, intra-day, balancing and market bilateral agreements. Read more: http://bit.ly/2HxMKjm
B) by Parliament members Oleksii Ryabchyn and Yurii Chyzhmar #10318-1 dated May 24, 2019, the proposed date for the introduction of the market is 01.04.2020, the term of postponement will be 9 months. Read more: http://bit.ly/2VOnDwt
C) by Parliament members Oleksandr Dombrovsky, Lev Pidlisetskyy and Olga Bielkova registered draft law #10343 dated May 29, 2019 to resolve the following issues:
– the postponement of the start of a new electricity market for three months;
– provide NEURC with authorization to set price caps during 12 month in different market segments: day-ahead market, intra-day, balancing and market of bilateral agreements;
– determination of the procedure for calculating the “green” tariff for SPS of private households without specifying requirements for their placement and installed capacity. Read more: http://bit.ly/2QBQ9Ad
Also, the Verkhovna Rada registered a draft law “On Amendments to Article 9-1 of the Law of Ukraine “On Alternative Energy Sources” dated May 27, 2019 No. 1033 by deputies Oleksii Ryabchyn and Victoria Voytsitska concerning generating installations of private households.
The draft law is trying to solve the problem that arose due to the abolition of the permission for the location of generating units of households on the land and the uncertainty of the newly introduced term “capital construction”, which makes it impossible to obtain a “green” tariff previously established for private households already operating solar stations located on the ground.
The draft law introduces new categories of generating solar installations of private households for which the “green” tariff applies: those with an installed capacity of up to 10 kW and established the “green” tariff rate for this category at the current level and from 10 to 50 kW without specifying their location and setting for them the “green” tariff rate below for 20% from January 1, 2020. Read more: http://bit.ly/2EGcpEB
2. The meeting of the Fuel and Energy Committee in the Verkhovna Rada on May 28, 2019 did not take place due to the absence of a quorum, and no decision was made to delay the launch of the electricity market, but all participants of the meeting repeated their own positions on this issue, which can be found in the previous review of EUEA. Read more: http://bit.ly/2YV5rTS
3. Ukraine is going to create energy hubs
The National Securities and Stock Market Commission (NSSMC) approved at its meeting a plan of measures to create conditions for the functioning of energy hubs in Ukraine: commodity multilateral trading systems, in which trade of energy products and related financial products will be carried out.
The chairman of the NSSMС Timur Khromaev noted that transparency and competitiveness – the principles laid down in the model – are the only ones that can guarantee fair prices for such important for the economy energy resources. High-quality energy commodity markets are impossible without proper financial infrastructure. Read more: http://bit.ly/2IbatF9
4. Interview of Yuriy Kubrushko, Member of the Board of the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA), Co-chair of the EUEA Wind Energy Working Group, Managing Partner of IMEPOWER about new legislation for “green auctions” Read more: http://bit.ly/2WahgIT
5. NPC “Ukrenergo” published the company’s non-financial report for 2018 “10 steps to Europe”
The report highlights the company’s activities in the following areas: integration into ENTSO-E; introduction of the new electricity market; modernization of the network; renewable energy; digitalization; cyber security; transparency and responsibility. Детальніше: http://bit.ly/2WaQv6U