On May 30, 2109, private companies, investors in the RES, members of the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA), met with representatives of the National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission (NEURC) to discuss the urgent issues related to the connection to the grid of RES projects, the new form of the PPA, the launch of the electricity market from 01 July and the current generation of renewable energy issues.
On behalf of NEURC there were following representatives:
Yuri Vlasenko – Head of the Energy Market Department;
Taras Krivenko – Deputy Head of the Energy Market Department;
Svetlana Tereshchenko – Director of Legal Department;
Anton Gudachenko – Director of the Department for regulation of relations in the field of energy;
Yuri Ostapyuk – Deputy Director of the Department for Regulation of Energy Relations;
Andriy Ognev – Deputy Director of the Department for regulation of relations in the field of energy;
Oleksandr Kozakevich – Head of the Division for Alternative and Renewable Energy.
The participants on behalf of EUEA raised in particular the following issues:
- Signing/re-signing of the PPAs for work in the new electricity market, where the assignee of the SE Energorynok will be a Guaranteed Buyer, which is currently in the process of establishment;
- A new form of PPA, which was adopted by the regulator on April 26, 2019, according to which PPA will be signing/re-signing. It was also emphasized that the final version of the document did not take into account most of the proposals made by individual members of EUEA and the IFIs;
- The agreement on the connection between the producer of energy from RES with NPC Ukrenergo – there is no article on liability in the form of indemnification in the event of a restriction of the transmission system operator to the energy producer from RES; What kind of contract should this responsibility perform: in an agreement between the energy producer from RES with NPC Ukrenergo or with a Guaranteed Buyer? Should be noticed, that the order on energy generation restrictions will come from Ukrenergo, according to the current regulations.
- During signing the standard contract for the provision of electricity distribution services with Distribution System Operator – in practice, new items and changes appear in the model contract, what is actually the violation.
- Should a pre-PPA agreement be signed before 01.07.2019 for those companies whose projects are under development or can they conclude pre-PPA on general conditions until 31.12.2019?
- Will standard balancing group agreements be developed? In the actual Procedure for purchasing electric energy at the “green” tariff, such a contract is not mentioned.
- The producer of energy from RES have received from NPC Ukrenergo contracts to sign for operational and technical management and contracts for electricity transmission – should all of them be signed?
- If it is true that from 01.07.2019 NPC “Ukrenergo” finances the expenses for compensation to producers who produce electricity at the “green” tariff for the price difference between the established “green” tariff and the price of electricity on the Day ahead market.
At the end of the meeting, the parties agreed to maintain a dialogue for the further development of energy policy in the interests of end consumers and investors, as well as to prepare their own comments on the new draft of the PPA, which will be published in the near future at NEURC website.
European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA) is an independent non-profit organization, established in 2009, open to all stakeholders in the Ukrainian Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy (RE) sectors who want to work constructively with like-minded members to contribute to the gainful and transparent development of these markets in Ukraine, through the promotion of fair and sustainable business practice, raising of public awareness of energy issues, and by influencing government energy policy.
Currently EUEA joined 19 members, which invested totally to 1,5 GW in RES in Ukraine.
EUEA is a powerful voice of investors.
Among members are: Acciona, Avenston, Celynx AG, CES, D2Consult, DTEK, EMSOLT Investments, EuroСape, GOLAW, Greenworx, Guris, iC consulenten, IMEPOWER, Indian Solar, Scatec Solar, Sinnalba Group LLC, Smart Energy, Ukraine Power Resources, Ukrwindinvestments LLC.