🔥The European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA) invites developers, producers, technology suppliers, regulators, policymakers, experts and investors from RES to the round table “The Future of Energy Storage Systems (ESS) in Ukraine” dedicated to the perspective and state of the development of ESS!
🗓 Date and time: March 2, 2023, 11:00-13:00 Kyiv time, online via Zoom.
⚡️ Pre-registration is required: https://forms.gle/AFZFrrKSQDujit447
The power plants installed capacity structure of the IPS of Ukraine demonstrated a rapid increase of the share of power RES plants operating in recent years. According to the Recovery Plan of Ukraine presented on July 4, 2022, in Lugano, by 2032 an increase in energy supply from RES by 5% of the total production is expected, i.e. an increase in RES capacity by 5-10 GW. However, the existing regulating capacities are technologically unable to provide the necessary fast-acting reserves to maintain the flexibility and operational safety of the IPS of Ukraine, which, in particular, leads to an increase in cases of limiting the operation of RES facilities by TSO commands. This issue can be solved by implementing energy storage systems (ESS). These technologies facilitate integration of “green” generation energy facilities into the energy system of Ukraine and ensure the reliability of the planned schedule of power delivery to the network.
️✔️ During the round table will be discussed:
- The state of development of the legal framework for the ESS, and what changes/additions the current legislation needs.
- The needs of the IPS of Ukraine in the ESS, and the possible impact on the infrastructure as a whole.
- Modern technologies and the best international practices of system implementation.
- The experience of establishing ESS in Ukraine.
- ESS as an investment priority for the energy sector of Ukraine.
👥 The speakers of the event:
- Oleh Zahnitko, Partner, law firm INTEGRITES;
- Ihor Petryk, Market Development Director, Wartsila;
- Representative of “Ukrenergo” (invited);
- Vadym Utkin, Manager of ESS projects, DTEK Energo.