EUEA Press Briefing “Renewable Energy and Energy efficiency as part of Green Transition. Summary 2021”
December 24, 2021, 10:00-11:00, online via Zoom
Languages: Ukrainian, English
European-Ukrainian Energy Agency as the business association, which unites the biggest foreign investors in which totally invested already more than EUR 3,5 bln in the renewable energy sector in Ukraine, EUEA is a non-governmental and independent non-profit organization, open to all stakeholders in the Ukrainian Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy (RE), Green Hydrogen (Green H2) and Climate Finance sectors who want to work constructively with like-minded members to contribute to the gainful and transparent development of these markets in Ukraine, through the promotion of fair and sustainable business practice, raising of public awareness of energy issues, and by influencing government energy policy.
Moderator: Oleksandra Gumeniuk, EUEA Director
International / national / local dimension
− What are the achievements of renewable energy development in Ukraine and the world in 2021?
− What are the challenges, and what are the expectations for 2022 and further?
− Related instruments and tools for renewable energy development (FIP, GO, CPPА, Energy Storages, Green H2).
− National and international strategic documents and agreements 2021-2022 signed or under development.
− Amalgamated territorial community Oleksandrivska in Zaporizhia region about the introduced wind farm on their territory.
- Yuri Kubrushko, EUEA Board Member, Managing Partner of IMEPOWER;
- Mykhailo Chulkov, Director of EUROCAPE Ukraine;
- Olexiy Parkhomchuk, EUEA Board Member, Investments Director at IFU.
− What are the biggest changes after the adoption of the Law of Ukraine “On Energy Efficiency”?
− Presentation of the National Award “Pacesetters for Energy Management” for the Ukrainian industry.
− State Fund of Energy Efficiency: what are the achievements in energy efficiency in multi-apartment buildings and what are the plans for the next year.
− President’s initiative on new State Program on Energy Efficiency in multi-apartment buildings.
- Dmytro Syrykh, Acting Technical Director of the State Institution “Energy Efficiency Fund”;
- Mykhaylo Bubnov, General Director Schneider Electric Ukraine;
- Serhii Porovskyy, Energy Efficiency Financing and Policy Principal Expert for the Project, UNIDO;
- Valentyna Huch-Denysenko, EUEA Coordinator of EE projects.
Summary and conclusions