Press Conference about innovative financial instrument “Green Mortgage”
September 09, 2019, 12.00-13.00
Ukrainian Crisis Media Center
On September 9, 2019 EUEA organizes a press conference to present an innovative financial instrument “Green Mortgage” for financing the energy efficiency of real estate, which is already successfully applied in the countries of the European Union, and is a priority area for dissemination of experience for the European Commission. The possibility of a Green Mortgage tool in Ukraine’s energy efficiency sector is planned to be discussed at a press conference.
Items to be presented about Green Mortgage:
- What is a Green Home?
- How does the Green Homes certified by Green Building Council (GBC) program work?
- What is a Green Mortgage?
- How does the GBC Green Mortgage program work?
- Responsibilities & benefits from the program
- Benefits to stakeholders
- What are the costs of participating in GBC’s Green Homes and Green Mortgage program?
- Risks and mitigating factors
SMARTER Finance for Families is a Horizon 2020 project to implement ambitious yet practical Green Homes & Mortgage programs in 12 European countries that includes the collaboration and participation of 17 expert green building, green energy, research and other organizations.
Informational support for the implementation of the Green Mortgage program in Ukraine is provided by the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency.