On December 4, during the meeting of the Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy and Nuclear Safety Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, members of the Committee voted to adopt the Draft Law 8449 as a basis for introducing the proposed amendments in advance. The original document with amendments is available on the Parliament website in the section on lawmaking, which shows the progress of the bill (online page of the draft law 8449).
On December 06, the main Draft Law 8449 with amendments approved by the Committee was registered and approved in the Agenda of the Plenary Session of the Verkhovna Rada for the first reading. However, the Draft Law did not consider this day and postponed the first reading for another day. The date of consideration in the Verkhovna Rada is being clarified.
Major changes in Draft Law 8449 are following:
- Date of new support scheme introduction – 01 January 2020.
- Final date to sign a pre-PPA to stay on FiT regardless generation capacity – 31 December 2019. Requirements to stay sign a pre-PPA: secured right of land ownership/use, concluded grid connection agreement for the facility, construction permit. Commissioning of the SPP facility during 2 years and of facilities of all other types of RES during 3 years.
- The following projects are obliged to participate in auctions:
in 2020 – WPPs with the installed capacity > 20 MW and all other RES types (except for WPPs) with the installed capacity > 10 MW
in 2021 and 2022 – WPPs > 20 MW and all other RES types > 5 MW
in 2023 – WPPs with the installed capacity > 3 MW (or one wind turbine) and all other RES types > 1 MW
- FiT decrease for SPPs in 2020 is 25% with a further decrease by 2.5% annually during 3 years.
- FiT decrease for WPPs in 2020 according to the wording of the current law is 10% with a further decrease by 1.5% annually during 3 years.
An updated table of the main provisions of the bill, including the timing, changes in the green tariff, the design of auctions, and the bank guarantee are conveniently presented in a systematic Tables (download). Many thanks to Imepower – member of EUEA for preparing overview in English.